Drive responsibly. Stay alive.
Becoming a licensed Wisconsin driver.
Students must be a minimum of 15 years of age to enroll in our driver training program.
Teen driver instruction includes 30 classroom hours and 12 hours of behind the wheel instruction.
Students are required to have their learner permit on them during all behind the wheel driving sessions
Wisconsin Instruction Permit Rules
- Students must be a minimum of 15 years and 6 months to obtain a learner permit in Wisconsin.
- Hold a learner permit for at least 6 months before applying for a probationary license.
- Complete a state-approved driver education class prior to applying for your probationary license.
- Drive a minimum of 30 hours behind-the-wheel training (10 of the hours must be night time driving).
- Receive no moving traffic violations resulting in a conviction for the six months prior to the date of application for this license.
If you have any questions about the Wisconsin Probationary License program, visit the Wisconsin DOT website, email the Wisconsin DMV, or call 608-266-2353.